Sunday, December 11, 2011

Salt Dough Ornaments

I once read a post on a blog i was following, about salt dough Christmas ornaments. They had made snow flakes, which turned out to be very pretty, so I decided to try making my own....

We used a recipe that didn't need to be baked. It took a REALLY long time for them to dry, so i wouldn't suggest it if you're in a hurry. We made ten small snowflakes, and 12 large one.

After they were dry, I painted two coats on each with white acrylic paint. Afterwards, I put a glaze on the top and added sparkles before the glaze dried.
Not the nicest pictures, but they turned out great! i love how they look with the lights on.

We were tempted to leave them as the only ornaments, because it looked pretty sharp with just the lights and the snowflakes. BUT, with the lights off...it was a very bare tree.



What a great start to the holiday season this weekend was. All of our Christmas shopping is done, the tree is up and decorated. The lights are up on the house. We got to see Santa today (and hopefully got a good picture). And this baby is due at anytime now!!! hopefully sooner rather than later, since I'd like to have some time to bond with the baby before family comes and I have to share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment