Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pink envelopes

Nothing cheers me up more when I'm homesick, then receiving a pink envelope in the mail. My sister writes the best letters. They're a mixture of words and drawings and always make me smile. She sends them in pink envelopes. I don't think I've thrown out a single letter from her. I have a few in my night stand drawer, and a bunch in my craft room. Every now and then they get pulled out and I read a few. I've been thinking of making a little book out of them, but I don't know what order they're supposed to be in, and I don't want to throw out the envelopes.  I received my latest one yesterday along with a picture of the prettiest little girl I know, Sophie. Eleven more days and we'll be home for seventeen. Our trips home are usually rushed and not very relaxing. This time we're going to try our best to relax while pleasing everyone at the same time. Even though we're going home for Katie's birthday, I'm more excited about going to camp for a few days with my family, and camping with Elijah's family. Between Flights, the Kennel, gas and spending money, we've managed to put ourselves back at what feels like the beginning of our total money makeover. It's frustrating having to start over again, but it will be worth while when we're done.

No comments:

Post a Comment