Thursday, September 15, 2011

EC update

Nighttime: Nights have been going great ever since we weaned her from her night time feedings and from her bottle. Most nights she'll wake up at 4 am to go for a pee and have a quick drink of water, then back to sleep until daddy's alarm goes off in the morning.( I love weekends, no alarm means i get to sleep until 7 ish) The other night, we skipped her nap and she was fussing and wouldn't go to sleep, so i went up and offered her a pee and gave her a drink, and put her back to bed. She went straight to sleep after emptying her little bladder. If she keeps on being consistently dry at night, like she has been recently, then I'll be switching her to undies at night.

Daytime: For the past 24 hours or so, Katie has been obsessed with using the sign for potty and going and sitting on her little red potty. She thinks it's a game and consistently stands up, sits down and signals. This morning, she started grunting so i asked her if she needed to go potty and she made the sign and walked over, sat down, grunted a bit... stood up, sat down, signed, stood up, sat down, signed... you get the pattern...stood up, took two steps and pooped on the floor.  Today at Jay and Vic's house, she did her little pee shiver and I asked her if she went potty and she signaled back, so I changed her bum. baby steps are a good sign :)
Playing on her potty this morning


Tinkle time trainers: I've been looking for a good pattern for training underwear, and came across one that i REALLY liked :  http://www.ladderhilldesign.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_estore.tpl&product_id=10&category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=59

So Elijah bought it for me. We don't have snap applicators, so i used velcro on my trial pair. I like how the leg holes fit her chubby little legs, and how they fit on the bum. I don't like the rise, so i'll probably adjust them when i actually get around to making some. Also I think I'll just make pull up ones, instead of the snap option. I'm sure with a lower rise and no snaps ( or velrco) at the front, They'll fit her well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment