Saturday, February 19, 2011

Constable HOTTE

After a very nice visit from my mom, sister and niece, we began our drive to North Battleford just after 9 am yesterday. We made it to the main intersection in Cold lake, where we were going to turn left off of my street. We were stopped at the intersection, the light turned green. Along came a white Toyota Tacoma, who couldn't stop for his red light on the slightly slippery roads, he swerved to avoid hitting another vehicle, and smashed into the front driver side of my poor jeep :(  We were able to move it off to the side road, where it sat there looking very very sad,  crying blue and red tears until it was towed away. Sacha came and rescued us, bring my mom, sister and the girls to the hospital to get checked out just in case. Meanwhile, I got a ride with Constable HOTTE to the RCMP shack and filled out paperwork. We spent the majority of the day playing phone tag with insurance people and car rental companies. FINALLY at 6 pm, we got a rental car. We'll find out later in the week whether the Jeep is going to be written off or not. The front of my Jeep was twisted enough that my sister couldn't open the passenger door. If it is written off, hopefully we get enough money for the jeep to pay off what's left on the loan, then we'll buy a van.

Side note, did you know, that if you have a car seat or base in the vehicle when it's in an accident, whether there's a child in it or not, you have to replace them and the insurance company  pays for them. So we got to go car seat shopping last night. The girls ended up with some pretty fancy big girl seats.

Another side note: the air bags didn't go off in either vehicle. No one seems to be able to say why they didn't, although i'm glad they didn't. I think they would have caused some very unnecessary injury.

Elijah is currently driving my family to Lloydminster in the rental, where they'll meet up with my aunt who will take them to Saskatoon. Have a good flight home tomorrow! love you guys.

2 comments:

  1. oh my oh my oh my. That sucks about the Jeep, but is great that everyone is okay. What type of van do you think you will look at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hopefully won't have to look at a van lol, but i hear there's only a few to look at, dodge caravan is what we would most likely get

    ReplyDelete