Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Encouraging

It seems that I haven't updated my blog in quite some time...

After having been F*cked around by the insurance companies for over a month, they finally came to the decision that the Jeep was a total loss and we were given one weekend to drive to the city and find a new car. There's more to the story than that, but we did end up with a new car and we're getting back enough to cover our loan and then some. On top of that, since we bought the car with cash, we will no longer be paying car payments:)

There just so happened to be a sale on at fabricland that weekend, so we bought some quilting rulers, a rotary knife and a self healing mat, all at 50% off! Also we bought a baby bjorn little potty ( BBLP) Which is a good size for Katie to sit on when she needs to pee. She seems to be associating our cue sound with eliminating, so we're making progress. So far today we've caught two poops and a few pees in the potty :)

I'm still having a very hard time with trying to communicate with Katie about her elimination needs, so we've taken a bit of a step back and are trying to ease into it. Katie sleeps diaper free in our bed at night (on top of a couple towels in case of a miss). We're also keeping her formula in the upstairs bathroom, so feedings go much faster and I don't have to wake up as much. After the first few nights in our bed, Katie seems to be sleeping longer and we enjoy her company. I'm not usually tired during the day anymore because Elijah is able to get me a bottle when I ask for help. I offer her a pee before I feed her, and if she doesn't go we sit on the chair in her room with her suspended over her pee bucket and she'll usually go halfway through. This was a bit of trial and error, but it works quite well now. Although she is still mostly diaper free during the day, she usually ends up being in a diaper for a few hours when I just need a break. We've gone on several walks with her in her undies and both time we've come home dry. Monday night was the more encouraging event so far. Elijah had a hockey game and I needed to get out of the house, so Katie and I joined him even though it was a late game. In the two or so hours we were out, I took Katie to pee twice, (and she fell asleep near the end) and we returned in the same dry diaper we left with! well i think that's it... oh and we won our first play off game last night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment