Monday, April 4, 2011

A First

After taking a mini break from ECing due to Katie Teething and being very "needy" (for lack of a better word), we've started to get back on schedule with things. Today Katie's fourth tooth made it's official appearance and we've gone diaper free all day. Sure there are plenty of misses, but as long as you celebrate the successes it is more than worth it. And lets face it, just the thought of a baby's bare bottom bouncing through the house is reason enough to try.

The small success we're celebrating today, is our first diaper free car excursion. Elijah usually calls at lunch to see how things are going. Today I mentioned that I was craving McDonalds (one of my sins) and he quickly agreed that that sounded like a good idea and that he would be by to pick us up shortly. Little Girl must have 15 pairs of pants that don't fit her when she's wearing a diaper, so I put her in some undies and put on my favorite jeans in her drawer. To my amazement, they not only fit, but she could crawl in them too! We were soon on our way and back again nice and dry. Once the front door was open, we whisked off her pants shoes and undies and Katie happily went for a pee in her potty.

Oh, and my hockey team won the playoffs last night! Way to go boys!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for winning hockey... and sorry about no blog post - I've had the in-laws and my parents and my sis-in-law in town for the mega huge baby shower...which I will post about tomorrow lol.

    ReplyDelete