Sunday, April 24, 2011

Mama made quilt


 I was feeling a bit sad that I had been making quilts, but hadn't made one for Katie yet. So far I had made Two crib quilts, one for Sophie and one for Ravyn ( is that spelled right?) and I'm making a twin sized quilt for Sophie's birthday. Katie's quilt has been put off until I finish Sophie's. Recently, Katie was moved from her crib to her twin mattress on the floor in our room. It seems to be working out a lot better. We had a stack of old jeans that I had been planning to make a quilt out of, so we went to Walmart and bought a twin flat sheet to back it with ( seen in the bottom picture) and went to work cutting out as many 6 inch squares as we could, and stitching them together. While making the quilt, i went through three needles on my sewing machine. However, it's done and it's I like it. It was simple to make and only took two or three days to finish. the top row is mostly made out of pockets form the jeans, both top corners look the same. The brown patches are from Elijah's front pockets. We ended up being just a few squares short, so our neighbors donated a pair of jeans to us. Here is the finished product spread out on our queen sized bed. It looks big, but when it drapes over the sides of the mattress it's not THAT big...okay, maybe it is. but I love it. And I love that now Katie has her own mama made quilt ♥




1 comment: