Friday, August 26, 2011

"Sleep Learning" Night 1

While visiting the health clinic for Katie's 1 year immunizations, the nurse lent me a book to read on helping your child sleep better. We've decided to give it a try, since our little one's sleep habits aren't really existent. Last night was night one. I think it went well for the first night. After falling asleep, her only rough spot was between 4 and five in the morning. On the schedule I had made based on previous nights, I was to wake her to feed her at 5 am, but she woke earlier than anticipated. Usually she'll come into bed with me when she first wakes in the morning, but from now she'll be sleeping in her own bed all night, in her own room. I know I'm going to miss my early morning snuggles with my little girl, but I really wouldn't be able to let her cry at all by herself if she was in the same room as me. Overall though, the night went great!

My only issue with trying this method, was that we've had such great success with keeping her dry all night, that I didn't want to take a huge step backwards. Last night however, she went to bed without even taking her water, so when I woke her up for a feed at 1030 before i went to bed, she was dry. Again at 2 am, she was dry. Since we let her put herself back to sleep until 5 am, she wasn't dry at that point, but at least it wasn't a soaking wet diaper.

I think that tomorrow night, once the 2am feed is completely gone ( it was only 2 oz last night, 1 oz tonight, and then nothing form then on) I'll find she has a dry diaper come the 5 am feed. Even once the 1030 feed is gone ( which should be Sunday night since she only had 3 oz last night) She should be dry come 5 am. On Monday night, however, it will be interesting to see if she's dry in the morning, if not, then how wet her diaper is. Next week she shouldn't be waking at all throughout the night to feed or anything. If I do find that she is wet, and it's not fresh from just waking up, then I might get Elijah to take her for a pee when he gets up for work in the mornings.

Overall, it was a good night I think, and I don't believe that it will set us back much with nighttime EC.

On a side note, Once we get a bed frame for her mattress, and she stops pulling all the books off the shelves instead of going to sleep, I'll take pictures of what her room looks like now, as opposed to when there was a crib and change table in there. I really like it ♥ What I don't like, is that now the dogs can sleep in our room again, and Jojo licked his paws for half the friggen night, keeping me awake. Lets see just how long they stay in our room for...my bet is, not very long if her keeps it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment