Sunday, August 28, 2011

"Sleep Learning" Night 3

For the second night in a row, I was able to sit on my ass, relax and watch an un-interrupted movie with my wonderful man ♥ This was a non-existent activity prior to sleep learning. We watched Thor, which I enjoyed. I think we might be watching fast5. since we haven't watched any movies in quite awhile, we need to play catch up. Anyways. Last night went well, I believe it only took her 15 minutes to fall asleep. She did wake once during our movie, but it was very briefly. I woke her again at 1030 for her last 1030 feed, of only 1 oz. She had a dry diaper still and went back to bed in the same dry diaper. Between 1030 and 5, she fell out of her bed twice???? strange... she hasn't done that in a very very long time. So Elijah went and put her back in bed both times. Close to 430, she woke up, and of course i had to let her put herself back to sleep, but by 5, I was able to go in a feed her. The 5 am wake up is going to be hard on her I think. It's going to take a few more days after tonight before she'll sleep until 7. Tonight is the very last night of night time feeds. She gets one bottle at 5 am with only 1 oz in it. and then tomorrow all the bottles are going in the cupboard for good.

Naps still aren't going too well.This mornings nap was okay, but this afternoon it took her 45 minutes to fall asleep, even though she was tired. Times like those, you just want to go upstairs and snuggle with her, but you know it won't make any difference.

Here's hoping the next few nights go well, and that she doesn't fall out of bed anymore haha. Izzy's coming over for a play date tomorrow morning, so Katie will probably end up only having one nap in the middle of the day, which should be longer and go a little smoother. Keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment