Saturday, August 27, 2011

"Sleep Learning" Night 2

Last night went quite well. Justin, Brandy and the kids came over for a fire, and I was able to put Katie to bed without her seeing them. I think it only took her 15 minutes total to fall asleep last night. She woke briefly just as I was going for a shower, but fell back asleep quickly. I woke her at 1030 and fed her 2 0z. Again at 2 am I woke her and gave her 1 oz. She was dry both times. 4 minutes before I was going to wake her for her next feed, she woke and so I had to wait for her to fall back asleep for me to feed her. This time her diaper wasn't dry. I bet that if she hadn't woken up until 5 when i went to get her, that she would have still been dry. The 5 am feed was the only one she fussed after, but it didn't last more than a minute before she was back asleep.

Come 730ish, she woke up and Elijah went and got her, she had a wet diaper by the time her got to her, but it was fresh as well. He then brought her into our room, where she snuggled with mum and dad for a good fifteen minutes :) Naps weren't as successful, but the book did say that sleep learning at nap time took longer than night time.

Tonight, Katie will only have 1 oz at 1030, and 2 oz at 5. Here's hoping for another good night!

On another subject, I would make a poor hunter gatherer. We went for a walk today on the trails with the pups to pick raspberries. I LOVE wild raspberries, they may be tiny, but they're delicious. Anyways, we came back with maybe 1/4 of my container full.

To make up for it, we had a little fire tonight and cooked up some fish and potatoes. The fish was great, the potatoes weren't done...so we ate our pie first...
Brandy make a lemon meringue pie the other day, and inspired me to make a pie :)

Mmmmm I LOVE apple pie.

 We ate half the pie...and didn't have room for our potatoes, so we're going to be having them for breakfast in the morning with toast and eggs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment